NorCal Cars > 2012 Northern California Car Shows > 2012 Redding Kool April Nites Car show
2012 Redding Kool April Nites Car Show
||Redding Kool April Nites (Cool April Nights)
||Redding California, Civic Auditorium
||Limited to the first 2,000 cars - Late Registration is $55.00
Kool April Nights is a weeklong event. Show and Shines are held in different locations in Redding throughout the week with the main events starting with the Friday night cruise and Dance at the Civic, the main car show on Saturday and Sunday and other Dance Saturday night.
Friday Evening Cruise
The cruise takes participants up hilltop drive, across Dana Drive, down Churn Creek Drive, across Cypress Ave to complete the circle at hilltop again. The streets start getting blocked off around 6 pm and the cruise starts at 6:30 and goes to 8pm. Spectators line the streets in lawn chairs watching and taking pictures of the cars as they pass.
This is a family event and you see picnics and groups eating and enjoying the show over the entire route. The event is well supervised by the Redding police department and you rarely see any problems. Venders walk the street with food, cotton candy, balloons and other trinkets to keep the kids busy and happy.
Kool April Night Dances
Two dances are held with live music inside the Mega Tent at the civic auditorium.. One is Friday night after the cruise and starts at 8:30 and ending at 11:30. The band Friday night will be “the Cottonwood Band”. The dance starts Saturday night at 8:00 and goes until 11:00. There will be two bands Saturday night, the first is a tribute to the Beach Boys called “Catch a Wave”, the second is a Beatles tribute band called “Paper Back Writer”. Both nights cost $10 per person and are free if you have purchased an “All Access Wristband”.
Show and Shines
- 4/15/12 - Kent's Meats and Grocery, 8080 Airport Road
- 4/16/12 - Palo Cedro Chamber of Commerce, 9100 Deschutes Road
- 4/17/12 - Downtown Park & Shine - Market Street Promenade
- 4/17/12 - Palo Cedro Chevron, 9345 Skycrest Way
- 4/17/12 - Shasta Center/Kuebler Furniture, Churn Creek Road
- 4/18/12 - Shasta Lake Show & Shine, Shasta Dam South Parking Lot
- 4/18/12 - Shasta View Chevron, 2505 Tarmac Road
- 4/19/12 - Show and Shine outside the Mega Tent, Civic Auditorium
- 4/19/12 - Crown Motors Show, 555 Cypress Ave
- 4/20/12 - Shasta High School
- 4/20/12 - Enterprise High School
- 4/20/12 - Foothill High School
- 4/20/12 - Show and Shine outside the Mega Tent, Civic Auditorium
Map to Redding Convention Center (Civic Auditorium)