NorCal Cars > 2012 Northern California Car Shows > 2012 Rodeo Chamber Car Show Class Definitions
RODEO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CHILI COOK-OFF & CAR SHOW CAR CLASS DEFINITIONS
- STOCK CLASS-
- Vehicle equipped as they were delivered from the factory or selling dealer.
- Exterior, interior & engine compartment must appear stock.
- Upgraded radio system allowed as long as it fits the original opening.
- Radial tires & aftermarket rims allowed if they are stock size for the year.
- Engine changes are allowed if rebuilt engine is correct for year & model.
- Chrome air cleaners, chrome valve-covers & number of carburetors must be correct for year & model.
- Electric cooling fans are acceptable.
- CARS ENTERED IN STOCK CLASS MAY CONTAIN UP TO 3 CHANGES AS LONG AS THE CAR RETAINS A “STOCK LOOK, FEEL AND GENERAL APPEARANCE.” JUDGES MAY “MARK-DOWN” SUCH CARS WHEN COMPARED TO “STRICTLY STOCK” CARS HOWEVER.
- MODIFIED CLASS
- 5 OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING WILL PLACE YOU IN THE MODIFIED CLASS
- Additional non-stock chrome and/or billet aluminum (up to 3 items in the engine compartment -will count as one modification).
- Aftermarket steering wheel, aftermarket shifter & non stock radio.
- Incorrect carburetor, intake manifold, exhaust headers, ignition, a/c to non a/c vehicle.
- Incorrect engine (Example-your Mustang came with a 289 and you put a 390 in it).
- Non-stock stripes and/or graphics.
- Change in battery location.
- Non-stock color of engine compartment.
- CUSTOM CLASS
- ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL PLACE YOU IN THE CUSTOM CLASS
- Altering the suspension. (Example-Lowering, Rack & Pinion or Air-Ride)
- Non-stock turbo, supercharger or NOS system.
- Chopped, “frenched”, shaved or altered body panels.
- Custom paint (Example-non-stock colors, candy’s, pearls, flakes, etc.). Paint graphics.
- Painting of stock chrome bumpers & window trim.
- Engine position change (Example-forward, backwards or sideway’s)
- Engine swaps (Example-putting a Chevy in a Ford or putting a 502 where a 350 used to be).
- Aftermarket body-New manufactured body’s of car model’s (Example-’41 Willy’s, Mustang’s and Camaro’s)
- Interior material not offered stock (Example-tweed or leather where vinyl used to be.).
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION CLASS - MUST BE DRIVEN TO THE SHOW
This class is reserved for cars lacking one or more major areas of completion (interior, exterior, engine compartment, etc). “PRIMER” is allowed in this class, but must cover the entire body panel (fender, hood, etc.).
- SPECIAL INTEREST-All vehicles that have a theme.(Example-Race, Batmobile, General Lee, Painted Scenes, etc.).
AREAS TO BE JUDGED IN ALL OF THE CLASSES WILL BE:
- BODY AND PAINT
- TRUNK (OPEN)
- ENGINE AND ENGINE COMPARTMENT
- WHEELS AND TIRES
- WINDOWS (OPEN)
AREAS NOT AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION WILL IMPACT JUDGES DECISION. YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN CHAIRS AND SHADE, BUT YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM.