NorCal Cars > 2009 Car Shows > Sacramento Autorama
THE 59th SACRAMENTO AUTORAMA IS BETTER THAN EVER
More Features, More Celebrities and More Fun
1941 Willys Coupe
SACRAMENTO- The 2009 Sacramento Autorama is returning to Cal Expo February 6-8 for its 59th year.
The Sacramento Autorama is countries second oldest indoor car shows in the world and is acknowledged as the premiere custom car show on the West Coast that draws the world’s finest coachbuilders to exhibit their latest creations. The Autorama will feature hundreds of the finest custom cars, hot rods, classics, motorcycles, specialty vehicles from around the country, collectible automotive memorabilia as well as over 100 commercial exhibitors offering the latest in automotive products and services. Numerous celebrities will be appearing at the Autorama to show off their latest automotive creations and to sign autographs and answer questions.
||February 6-8, 2009
||Friday, February 6: 12pm - 8pm
Saturday, February 7: 10am - 8pm
Sunday, February 8: 10am to 7pm Trophy Ceremony: 4pm
||Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd. Sacramento
||$18 General Admission (13 years and up)
$10 Children 6-12; Children 5 and under are Free
$40 Family Ticket Package- 2 General Admission tickets, 2 Children’s tickets and 2 Children’s Toys.
$2-off coupons available at all Sacramento Les Schwab Tire Center locations and Kragen Auto Parts stores (Discount coupon is good for use with General Admission tickets only.)
||John Buck Enterprises, Inc.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS AND FEATURES:
- The Sacramento Autorama is known as the “Custom Car Capital of the World” and boasts being home to the 2nd longest running indoor car show.
- Over 500 show vehicles will compete for awards inside all of the Cal Expo buildings.
- Up to 400 vehicles will join the event Saturday for the “Autorama Drive-In”.
- Over a dozen vehicles are competing for the “Worlds Most Beautiful Custom”.
- Meet “Debbie Dunning”, Candy Clark, and “Jo Young”, Bo Hopkins, from “American Graffiti”.
- Meet “Daisy Duke”, Catherine Bach, of the Dukes of Hazard and see Bo and Luke Duke’s The General Lee.
- Meet Super Model Sandra Taylor and Chris Jacobs host of the hit TV show Overhaulin' and the Hubgarage.com.
- Meet “Eddie Munster”, Butch Patrick, from The Munsters along with the infamous Munster Koach.
- Lou Santiago from Muscle Car TV will be signing autographs throughout the weekend.
- See Speed Racer’s “Mach 5”.
- See us for a historic gathering of custom Mercs celebrating 60 years of the first Sam Barris chopped top. See the Sam Barris Merc, the Hirahotta Merc, the Westergard Merc, and many more.
- Listen to an historic custom car Panel Discussion featuring John Barris (Sam Barris’ son) and Gene Winfield. See 2 real barn finds!
- Watch and bid on artwork created by the best Pin Stripers in the nation at the “Autorama Panel Jam”. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to help the children of U.C. Davis Children’s Hospital.
- Listen to live music inside The Suede Pavilion as well as our Autorama DJ (Cruise Inc.) spinning the best records for your enjoyment.
- See the nostalgic Cacklefest Cracklecar display in the courtyard of the Expo Center.
- Witness Sacramento local Dick Bertolucci be crowned the 2009 Builder of the Year along-side his beautiful cars.
**Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke
*Celebrity appearances are subject to change.
**Celebrity images courtesy of Wikipedia
The Sacramento Autorama runs February 6-8, 2009. Show hours are Friday, February 6- 12pm to 8pm; Saturday, February 7- 10am to 8pm; Sunday, February 8- 10am to 7pm; Sunday Trophy Presentation- 4pm. Ticket Prices: Adult General Admission $18; Children 6-12 $10; Children 5 and under free. Family Ticket Package $40 includes 2 General Admission tickets, 2 Children tickets and 2 Children’s toys. $2-off Discount Coupons are available at Sacramento Les Schwab Tire Center locations and Kragen Auto Parts Stores (Discount coupon is good for use with General Admission tickets only). For more show information contact John Buck Enterprises, Inc. (877) 763-7469 or click on http://www.rodshows.com.
2009 Sacramento Autorama Award Winners