Comparison of Toyota Truck Options and Models
View our selection of Used
Toyota Trucks. You may also find our comparison of the
benefits of choosing either a gas or diesel truck helpful at
Gas versus Diesel Trucks, or find out how Toyota stacks up next to
Ford and Chevy with our
Top Tough Trucks comparison.
We have compiled a summary of the models and options you can expect with Toyota
Pickups. While we have tried to make this as complete as possible, different
years offered different options, so this should only be looked at as a guide to
help you determine what was available for different years.
Sample Truck Images
Tacoma Extra Cab
Toyota Pickups from 1990
Standard with a 4 cyl.
Choice of Models
Deluxe Short Bed
Deluxe Long Bed
Deluxe Extra Cab
T100 Standard with V6
1 Ton Long Bed
SR5 Long Bed
In 1994 the Deluxe title was dropped and replaced with "DX"
In 1995 Toyota introduced the Tacoma line of trucks
Tacoma 4 Cyl .
Extra Cab came with 2 options
In 1999 Toyota started to offer the Prerunner option with both long and short
beds to the Tacoma line of standard 4-cyl trucks. The Tacoma 4WD with a
standard V6 was offered with a "Limited Extra Cab" option.
The year 2000 seen the start of the Tundra line of trucks coming with V6 and V8
Tundra Standard V6
Tundra 4WD with standard V8
Tundra with Standard V8
SR5 Access Cab 4 D
LTD Access Cab 4D
4 WD option
V6 3.4 Liter Option
The Tacoma 4-cyl
Prerunner also came as a 4D.
The Tacoma V6
also offered a S-Runner Extra Cab.
The Tacoma 4WD V6 came in three models.
Limited Extra Cab
Double Cab 4D
Ltd Double Cab 4D
- The 4Runner Added an optional 4.7 liter V8 to its Limited Sport
- The 2 wheel drive Tacoma V6 did not offer the S-Runner Extra cab
- The Highlander 4WD V6 added a Third seat option.
- The Tocoma V6 once again came with the S-Runner Extra cab option
- The Tundra with a V-8 also came as a SR5 Double cab with 4 doors
- And a LTD Double cab with for doors was offered in the Tundra line with the option
of 4WD or a 3.4 liter V-6
- Toyota replaced the Tacoma 4 Cyl. Extra Cab with the Access cab
- Two additional options were added to the Tacoma Prerunner Short
- The Tacoma V-6 came in the following configurations
- X-Runner Access
- PreRunner Access
- PreRunner Double 5'
- PreRunner Double 6'
- The Tacoma 4WD V-6 came inthe following configurations
- Double Cab 5'
- Double Cab 6'
- The Tundra V-8 added the "Work Truck Long"
- The Rav4 came in the following configurations
- Sport Utility 4 Door
- Sport SUV 4 Door
- Limited SUV 4 Door with the following options
- 2 Wheel Drive
- V6 3.5 Liter Engine
- Toyota started to offer a Hybrid version of the 4 Wheel Drive Highlander with a
V6 engineand the following options
- Toyota also offered a PreRunner Acces Cab version of the Tacoma with a 4 cyl engine
and the following options
- 4 Wheel Drive
- V6 4.0 Liter engine
Of course not all of these years and models of used Toyota trucks are going to
be available at NorCalCars, however feel free to give our dealers a call. They
purchase new vehicles every week and will be happy to try to find the exact
truck you are looking for.
NorCalCars is happy to serve Redding, Chico, Sacramento, Eureka and all of
Northern California. Based in Redding CA, we bring the inventory of the finest
used Toyota dealers in Northern Ca. to one place on the internet, helping you
find the used car or truck that you have been looking for.
Not affiliated with Toyota, or any of their affiliates, logos, or entities.